Click on the link above for more information
Homemade CBD-Rich Herbal Oil
*It is important to choose as many organic ingredients as possible. I have linked to the products I use personally for this recipe.
- 1 cup organic, high-quality oil (I like to use a 50-50 blend of this AMAZING organic olive oil + this AMAZING organic coconut oil)
- 7-14 grams Organic Hemp CBD Buds, Leaves
- Crumble, cut up, or grind the buds, leaves, and stems of the plant material.
- Put the herb into a small (8 oz.) glass canning jar + cover with the oil of your choosing + screw on the lid.
- Using a pot, made with some sort of non-reactive material, make a water bath by placing a small piece of cheescloth or a piece of scrap cloth on the bottom of the pan, then place the glass jar full of herb + oil on top. Fill the pot with 2-3 inches of water. Note :: Do not cover the jar with water.
- Slowly + gently bring the water in the pot to just below boiling. Note :: 98 degrees Celsius or just below 212 degree Fahrenheit is perfect.
- Allow the jar to bathe in this water temperature for 2-3 hours. Be sure to shake the jar periodically throughout the process.
- Turn off the heat, cover with a cloth, and let it all sit for 1-3 hours. Then repeat the warming process. Let it all sit, covered, overnight.
- Each day, repeat the gentle warming, shaking, and steeping — ideally for 3 days, but if you’re in a hurry you can make this oil in one day, however it only gets better the longer and gently it is prepared. Note :: My process includes a 9 day journey. On this journey, the herb + oil + I experience three 3-day cycles. After the first and second cycle, the herb is strained and new plant material is replaced. I find this process produces the most magical + potent herbal oil EVER. Use whatever method makes sense to you, your time, and your budget.
- Strain off the herb with the help of a strainer + cheesecloth. Now squeeze hard…extracting all of the goodness of the plant!
- Be sure to return the plant material to the Earth (or save it for use in other recipes).
- Bottle the oil.
The science behind using heat to create cannabis + CBD-rich medicinal oil.
Why I use the above method for extraction.
(below is an excerpt from a research study produced by the Department of Pharmacy, University of Siena, Italy…read the complete study here)“Preheating of cannabis samples has been recommended as a way to potentiate the final extract, i.e. to decarboxylate the acidic cannabinoids naturally present in cannabis plant material, such as THCA and CBDA, and turn them into their more potent counterparts such as THC and CBD. Therefore, we tested two decarboxylation methods by heating cannabis plant material”…read more.
- muscle soreness after physical activity
- peripheral neuropathy
- muscle spasms
- chronic back pain
- ezcema + psoriasis
- burns from radiation